I am Nancy Gachoka and I am the Executive Director of Gender Sensitive Initiatives.
A PHD Student in Social Transformation at Tangaza College, CUEA, and MBA in Social Entrepreneurship.
I have been a trainer in these areas:
- Entrepreneurship for Social Responsibility
- Gender and Development ( capacity Building and Empowerment)
- Micro Finance for Poverty Eradication/ Peace Building
- Project management ( Leadership, Community Participation and Strategic planning)
- Health Promotion.
CAPACITY BUILDING CONSULTANT
- Team member of Associate Consultants of K-Rep Advisory services, to map and roll out
K-Rep Micro Finance.
- Consultant to develop materials for Gender and Micro Finance for K-Rep Tanzania, and a continuous trainer of its micro-finance groups
- Team member discussing the inception of FAULU Kenya funded by Ford Foundation, appointed a consultant trainer of the groups at grassroots
- Engaged by Ford Foundation in the Team to develop Kenya Community Development Foundation
- Gender and Development Trainer 1993-2001.Founded NGO ( GSI). A local organization funded by Ford Foundation to carry out grassroots level Community Organisation Project management using Participatory Methodologies and Strategic Planning monitoring and evaluation.
- Consultant Trainer for Association for Micro Finance (AMFI) after PEV to train on Peace for Development of Micro Finance in poverty eradication.
- Consultant of National survey on Women in Jua kali by Ebert Friedrich Foundation. Gender and Development trainer for Women in Entrepreneurship.
- Capacity Building Consultant/ Board Member of Kenya Federation of Self Help Association (KEFSHA).Conducted Baseline surveys,(using Participatory methodologies).
- Health Promotion in Tobacco Control, Policy Development and Implementation in Muranga, Kiambu, Nyandarua, Kirinyaga
- Tobacco Control Awareness in Counties (Muranga, Kiambu, Nyandarua, Kirinyaga.
BOARD MEMBER: KENYA TOBACCO CONTROL BOARD from May 2009- May 2015